Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Salty and Sweet Garbanzo Beans

Last week I encouraged people to switch out unhealthy snacks for healthier alternatives. Today I'm going to show you how simple (and tasty) that can be! All you need is a little olive oil, a can of garbanzo beans and your favorite salty flavoring. I mixed up a Cajun spice blend to put on my beans for today!
Step one: Rinse off canned beans and pat dry.
Step two:
Add 1 tsp olive oil to garbanzo/chickpeas. I tossed mine to completely cover everything in olive oil. The original recipe I followed called for 2 Tbsp olive oil, which I found to be way too much oil! 1 tsp oil works just fine.
Step three:
Add your desired seasonings  (powder packet of ranch seasoning, Cajun seasoning, sea salt and rosemary, you get the point!) I used 1 tsp for the seasoning, but you could use more or less depending on you preference! Toss to cover all the beans with seasoning.
Step four:
Lay your beans out on a baking try and bake in the oven at 350*F for 25-30 minutes. You will notice that I have two different types of flavoring. I love salty and sweet together so I also made a honey version of this recipe and cooked them at the same time!
Step five: Enjoy!!


Studies have shown just one week eating garbanzo beans can improve a person's control of blood sugar and the bodies insulin secretion! (this is great info for anybody with PCOS, insulin resistance, or diabetes)  With that little piece of information, and all the tasty snacks options out there containing garbanzo beans, I'm willing to give them a try!  ;)
Bon Appetit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment